Jane Michell, an expert in this type of stuff has posted some of her biggest tips to make sure we don’t over indulge over the holidays.
– Drink Water throughout the night: For every sip of wine—have 3 sips of water. Keep water handy. The more hydrated you are, the less wine you will drink
– Avoid the buffet line for as long as possible
– If someone is serving hors d’oeuvres, try to avoid the deep friend and pastry one…make the smarter choice
– Wear something sexy and a little tighter—it will naturally make you eat less
You can also tackle it and even LOSE weight BEFORE the holidays
Her tips include
– Get the Dress Out: See how amazing you look and then imagine yourself a few pounds lighter
– Write EVERYTHING Down—What you eat and drink, when and why. This will help you gain control
– If you plan on drinking a lot right around Christmas—avoid drinking for the next week or so.
– Don’t watch amazing cooking shows that will lead to temptation of over indulging
At the end of the day…The holidays are for spending time with loved ones and enjoy each other’s company. Cocktails will be consumed and delicious meals will be had! Try not to stress about each and every pound…just stick to your plan the best you can