Yes, apparently there is a PROPER way to shave your legs and it requires more time before, during and AFTER.
Came across an article that outlines the best way to get the best shave with less damage to your skin.
– exfoliate the day before so the hairs trapped under dead skin are reachable
– soak your legs for about 3 minutes prior to shaving
– Shave in shower, rather than bath (hot water irritates the skin more)
– use a solid moisturizing gel to help razor glide easily
-Using soap could get stuck in razor, thus a not so great shave
-When skin is soaked for a while it gets wrinkley—stretch your skin to ensure the closest shave
– Pat dry BUT not completely dry. The excess water is absorbed into the skin
-Don’t rub dry–more chance of irritation
-Moisturize—this goes with the excess water and it sucks it all in for smoother legs
Also–they recommend changing razor every 10 shaves.