Office parties are coming up, and to avoid the awkwardness the following Monday—let’s break down the dos and don’ts
According to the Founder and CEO of Sydney School of Protocol, Julie Lamberg-Burnet, there are some serious rules when it comes to the office party. Check out the full list here!
1. Don’t Pile Up your Plate OR RUSH to the Bar
2. Master the Social Kiss – Personally this always makes me awkward. Be prepared for the social air cheek kiss but follow the lead of the other person. If they go in for a handshake—avoid the kiss
3. Talk to Everyone! Get out of your comfort zone and ask questions about families and life outside of the office
4. Avoid Flirting — any flirtatious remarks or jokes should be avoided at the work party..save yourself the drama
5. Take a Break from Technology — Sure taking some pictures is OK, but don’t be texting and avoiding human interaction. Also on this note * Be Aware of WHAT You are posting online
SPECIAL NOTE Re: High Heels. They look AMAZING but apparently it is not socially acceptable to take your shoes off at the party. So keep that in mind if you are thinking about dancing in those heels