After losing his partner and sister, Derek Taylor felt an overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
He decided to make a list of ways to not be so lonely. Now that his list was published by the Manchester City Council, he has done interviews with BBC and even had a story on Mashable about him.
The list included things such as:
- Make an effort to make new friends
- Join a hobbies club
- Learn to use computer at local library
- Use your telephone more, don’t wait for people to contact you
- Talk to friends and family that you haven’t spoken with lately
- Make friends with your neigbours
- Volunteer if you are able to
This video had me welling up a bit…especially when he said “It feels like you are alive again”